Monday, March 12, 2007

Ljubljana 1

On a whim Christian (my roommate) and I decided to tag along with 2 other kids to Ljubljana, Slovenia. Then 2 other kids followed us. For less than one day of planning, the trip worked out really well. The train arrived at 2 in the morning, and we were able to check into the first hostel we found, an ex-prison whose cells were converted into rooms. It was actually the nicest hostel I've stayed in, with a popular bar next door and artsy fartsy crap throughout.

Ljubljana is a small town based around a river.

It wouldn't be Europe without a big cathedral.

Cobblestone streets.

Creepy door to the back of the church.

We typically save a lot of money by buying our lunches in farmers markets. It's wonderful: the freshest food, cheapest prices, and I've seen one in every city in Europe.

1 comment:

RUTH said...

Just wandering aimlessly around the blogosphere and found your blog and this post. I love the door and I am left wondering what the artist had in mind. Smug bishops feeding off the agony of Christ seems an unlikely intent although it is the first interpretation that leaps to my mind.